How to use DocQuery
DocQuery allows you to ask questions about PDF documents, and receive answers. DocQuery uses a machine learning model called LayoutLMv1 that’s fine-tuned on DocVQA, a document visual question answering dataset, as well as SQuAD, which boosts its English-language comprehension.
You can test run a DocQuery demo on Hugging Face or try it inside the Impira app.
How to use DocQuery in the Impira app
DocQuery works as simply as typing a question about files you’ve uploaded into Impira.
Step 1: Upload your files to a Collection
Create a new Collection and upload your files.
Step 2: Type your question and check your results
Some examples include:
- What’s the invoice number?
- What’s the due date?
- What’s the total amount due?
- What are the net sales for 2020?
Step 3: Add your results as a new field
If you like what you see, you can add these results as a field to keep them in your Collection:
- Click the + icon next to your results column.
- Name your field.
- Ensure your field type is “Single text value.”
- Select your value type (text (includes both text and numbers), number (only numbers), or date).
- Hit Create.
Modifying answer values
You can modify answer values by typing them manually or clicking in the document. This field will improve as you give it more examples.